Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Friday the 13th on Tuesday the 8th

Apparently Tuesday the Eight is a disguise for Friday the Thirteenth. Bad luck. Bad day. Bad everything. This day should be wiped off the calender like it never existed. Sorry for those of you born on this day, I will no longer be observing it.
Of course it's a Tuesday. Only on Tuesdays does this kind of crap happen. I start my fine morning off by tripping over the drawer that I left open. Totally my fault and I totally deserve it.... and if my blindingly white skin didn't keep washing out the pictures I'd show you all what my temporary retardation left on my shin. And of course on of our patient's fantastic husbands decides to quip, "Watch out there!" a full minute after the damage has been done. Thanks Slow Mo! You're so helpful! Gee, what would I do without you?
The day went on with out typical Tuesday patients. All the three-thirty patients showing up fifteen minutes late and all the four o'clock patients showing up fifteen minutes early making the finest cluster f*ck you can possibly imagine right in the middle of our fine afternoon. Standard stuff that only possesses mild irritation.
Day's over and I'm heading out the door. Check my voice mail and return a call to my dad. Your Great Aunt Mert is dead and the funeral is tomorrow. Perfect. Just what I needed on this already fantastic Tuesday evening. So, I tell my dad I'll be there and pull into the gas station. My car is gasping for fuel at this point. And wonder of all wonders they are out of the cheepy gas and I have to waste an extra 10 cents a gallon. Something I barely register after my dad's phone call, but pisses me off now.
I get home and my parking spot is filled. Annoying, but not unusual since I share the spot. I park in the spot that's not really a spot even though there are plenty of real spots open because I really am that lazy and the fake spot is about a foot closer to my front door. At some point I decided I no longer like Apple and decide to drop my iPod in the parking lot. By the time I realize this my $250 rectangle is long gone. Thank you universe for screwing me over on this really great day.
Is it any wonder I chose to cut this day out of my life?